Friday, April 22, 2005

Freediving, Thursday April 21, 2005

Went out with Gary at 3pm out of the 15th street boat ramp. We cruised over the shelfs just off of sloppy joe's but the vis looked terrible. We decided to hit the second reef balls. There was a snorkel boat anchored and a dive boat moored to the balls when we got there so we tied off. Visibility was a good 30 feet, but somewhat murky. Spence and I hopped in immediately while gary collected his gear.

Upon entering the water we came across a school of grunt with some yellowtail snapper and a trumpet fish mixed in. We swam around for a half hour until spence was ready for a break.

He handed me my weight belt and I did a series of about 5 dives to 30 feet. Today I was working on looking back instead of down, focusing on good technique for the dive.

After doing those dives spence was warmed up so we got back in and swam around some more. After another 20 minutes or so he was cold again. I went back to working on my dives and exploring the reef. After another 30 minutes or so of diving the waves were picking up and we were all ready to head in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home